So I’m told (by my mother) that I need to update more, so here goes.
Last weekend I was in a wedding, so I made an unexpected visit back to Oregon to be a groomsman, groomswoman, groomsmaid…I’m still figuring out what word fits best. But it was a lovely trip; I was able to surprise a few people, see my new niece and nephews and be in a lovely wedding.
It got me started on thinking of what’s going to happen in 2 months though. Of course, everyone was asking how things were going, how the new house was and how my experience has been. It’s tough to articulate everything that has happened and for a while, I don’t think that I’ll realize what affect this year will have on me. Things have panned out quite different from what I expected or thought things would go back in September and it has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. But also, it has been a really good experience too: living in another culture (maybe that shoud be cultures, since I have learned a lot about the Muslim culture), able to travel, making friendships that I hope will continue in the future and a readily available supply of fish and chips.
Other than that: it's midterm holiday here in merry England, with gorgeous weather to boot. I actually wore just a t-shirt when walking to Tesco this afternoon. And here I thought that I would always have to bundle up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is interesting to think about how much I don't realize I learn at the time - but looking back on events, years, times, - I can see what I learned. Thanks for making this known.
I'm glad your travels went well! I hope you really enjoy these last weeks! Blessings!
Post a Comment