fGreetings and salutations!
First, sorry there are still no pictures of the house, but, well, I still haven’t gotten around to it. The house is cosy and nice, and we have been learning lots! Like how to make our living room ceiling stop dripping water from the shower, how to reheat boilers, how to light the oven without inhaling all the gas and dying, and how to fall asleep while a 3ft white tiger stares you in the face. Next on our list is learning how to install toilet seats, papering walls, putting together and installing cabinets.
Not much has changed though, we are still involved with the same activities as before. I have a wee bit more responsibility at school, so that’s nice to finally have something more concrete to do there. We are at school twice a week, so each day that I’m there, I listen to six different children read. (Although, one little rascal got tired of reading, so he tried to escape, and almost succeeded. In my defence, I thought that they locked the doors to the playground while we were inside! I should mention that I work with 5-6 year olds, and they are the unruly class…)
My roommate from college was here a week or so ago, and it was super fun having her around. We did some exploring in London and Leeds and she went with us on a church retreat we had with the Methodist church. The retreat was lovely, and it was fun getting to know the people in the congregation better. It was in the Lake District (northish, eastern part of the country), so it was beautiful there! Rachel and I had been trying to figure out a way to visit the Lake District, so we were pleasantly surprised to find out that we were going there. (Although it was slightly deceiving because we were no where near a lake, and only saw one because we got about an hour off track on the way home.) The town we were in was tiny, and so quintessentially English! The weekend was full of eating delicious food, walking, Bible study, and games.
How can it be that there are only 9 weeks left here? We still have a lot of things to look forward to, and I’m sure time will pass in a flash!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thanks, Kristen, for sharing another glimpse!
Do you really only have 9 weeks left there??? You will probably be back in the US when baby Archer is born!
It sounds like your new place has some issues, but at least it's safer (right?).
Preston must have been missing you the other day, he asked me to show him some pictures of Auntie Kristen. Poor boy.
The retreat sounds lovely.
i'm excited to see you next week!
The time is going to pass in a blink of an eye! Sounds like you guys are learning a lot! -- but 3ft white tiger?? eeeek!
Post a Comment