Monday, April 20, 2009

i love paris in the springtime...or not.

So Rachel and I are back from our time abroad! Snowboarding was great! We then headed off to Switzerland for the day, to Geneva, since it was only an hour and a half away from the ski chalet we were staying at.

It was then on to Taize! I went 2 years ago, with a group from college, and I was so glad to be able to return. It was a different experience though. Since it was Easter weekend, it was packed; about 6,000 people were there. R and I were able to meet some other Americans though, which was really nice. They were 2 girls, both studying in Europe this year. It was good to swap stories about cross-cultural living and faith.

Monday afternoon we left for Lucerne, Switzerland. I love Switzerland, it was beautiful. The picture is of the lake at night. We went into some churches, hung out with the swans around the lake, climbed the city walls and wandered around quite a bit.



Our final destination was Paris. It just is not as great as everyone hypes it up to be! It was dreary weather and dirty! We hit up the major things of course and climbled 710 steps up to the second lookout point. We also were able to stay at the Paris Mennonite Center, which was wonderful! The house was so cute. There was another couple staying at the Center from Canada, along with Janey, (she and her husband live at the center), so it was a nice little time.

Rachel and I are ALMOST ready to live at our new home. We took almost everything over this afternoon, got the hot water hooked up while we were there. I am relieved to get out of Walker Ave. We got back from our vacation to find that the windows in #23 were broken again, and then this morning, someone had taken the cover off the manhole that is right outside our door. What a crazy time we have had so far! I wonder what adventures I'll have in my last 3 months here.

More pictures on flickr too.

2 comments:

Bethany Miller said...

i know how you feel about paris. it smells like pee!!

Krista said...

I love your pictures!