Friday, November 14, 2008

ch-ch-ch-changes.

The past week has been filled with ups and downs, highs and lows.  

Yesterday Lee decided that it would be best if he left Bradford permanently.  As some of you know, there has been an ongoing struggle with our neighbor, with Lee [not Rachel or I] being the target of verbal threats. Our neighbor has a past history with mental illness.  He moved in not long before we did and ever since we got here we can hear him yelling in his apartment, music blaring.  He tends to cuss a lot and scream about America and Obama.  He has come outside Lee's apartment and threatened Lee specifically.  Although he has a mental illness history, he has never been violent or acted on his threats.

We were sad to see Lee go.  Our team has had its share of conflict and tension over the past two months, but in the last two weeks we were finally able to start to make a some progress and be more unified as a group than in the past.  Lee seemed at peace with his decision and so that was good to know.  It seemed sudden, but it is for the best. [deciding late Thursday evening, and flying out Friday afternoon]

So that leaves Rachel and I still living in Flat #23, and eating and socializing [with each other] in Flat #19.

And now, a few pictures to show what we have been up to!
Monday we met the Lord Mayor of Bradford (that's Paul Flowers on the left), and later that evening Rachel and I tried our hand at making a Lemon Meringue Pie.  Okay, so the crust turned out to be a little soggy, and the lemon part a little soupy, but other than that, it tasted great!



3 comments:

Sheralynn said...

Changes indeed. I'll be sending extra prayers your way for the changes that this change will bring.

Krista said...

I am thinking about you and Kristen

Thea said...

I am sorry to hear that your time in Bradford has been such a challenge thus far, but I will keep you and Rachel in my prayers! Has Lee flown out yet?