Salutations!
Well, week two in Bradford is over, on to week three! Last week saw Rachel and I paint our bathroom a lovely shade of Ocean Jade, we worked at school two days, hung out with the Methodist youth group and Rachel and I went to the women’s group. I am always feeling like I should be doing more. We go to these things that we are helping with but it feels like we are just sitting and observing a lot of the time, but hopefully this is just due to the fact that we are new and just beginning to integrate our lives into theirs. Despite our feelings, it’s nice to know that we are wanted and needed here, which is always reinforced when we spend time with others from the area. We had dinner with Paul Flowers and a couple from Belfast on Saturday evening and Sunday we had lunch with a couple from church. It was just so nice to feel affirmed from them and that they are so happy we are here to help.
I am so excited for the women’s group. It meets every other week and is basically a sewing circle. Here I thought that I wouldn’t be able to sew and have to be away from my beloved Husquvarna (my mother’s old sewing machine from back in the day that I have claimed as mine), but I get plopped into a sewing circle where they are working on making skirts. The leader so to speak of the group used to have her own studio or shop in the Congo where she was a seamstress, so I think it will be nice to get to know her more.
And we are going to London in a few days with the youth group! Exciting!
And it is very windy. Gales of wind are blowing through town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Kristen, great post! It´s really exciting to see that you have been welcomed into English life so well. How´s the food?
As Preston and I were reading your blog, he pointed at your profile picture and said "that's MY Kristen at the beach. I was at the beach yesterday." (Really, I doubt the poor child ever remembers being to the beach, but that's not the point.)
Have fun in London!
a sewing circle, how great!
Post a Comment