Wednesday, October 15, 2008

and so I'm finally blogging.


[The picture to the left is my teammates the night before we left at a restaurant in Chicago]

Oh friends,
What a few weeks it has been.

I’m in Bradford!

I like Bradford, although it isn’t quite what I was expecting. Perhaps I thought that it would be a little more urban, a little less hilly, a little more compact?

We are slowly getting more and more involved with our places of service. Last week was pretty light, and this week we have two days of being in Lidget Green Primary school (where the majority are Middle Eastern immigrants, primarily Pakistan and India). Rachel and I are going to an asylum seeking women’s group on Thursday where they have lunch and do arts and crafts. Arts and Crafts! Sunday evenings we are working with the Methodist youth group and in two weeks, going to London with them evidently. Everyone has been so hospitable and excited that we are here and just so nice to us, it’s been great.

To amuse ourselves Rachel and I have painted our bathroom that we share (Rachel and I live in one flat and Lee lives in the other with that one being our primary place living space with the kitchen and dining area/living room). It is now a lovely shade of “Ocean Jade”. Town in about 2 miles away and we have made the trek about every other day. Our other favorite place is Tesco, which is our local grocery store, complete with other miscellany…it’s pretty much a Fred Meyers without a garden section…and less big.

While I always do love adventure, I suppose that I am missing things that are familiar and a bustling schedule. I have never had so much free time on my hands in the past few years so there are times when I just don’t know what to do with myself.

I have been lacking on blogging because our flats aren’t hooked up to the internet yet and hopefully that will be remedied this week so I can post more and put up some pictures!


This is my fish and chips dinner that we had last weekend. It was pretty tasty! :)



3 comments:

Bethany Miller said...

listen to you...all british and stuff...."we painted our flat...call me on my mobile...i need the loo...."

Krista said...

very cool...fish and chips!

Danae Jones Photography said...

I probably should come visit you. I like me some fish and chips...