Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 1 down.


So friends, I suppose that it is time for another update on my life.  The picture is a view from an overpass that is right my the house that we are living at.  We are living in the south part of Chicago, so not really in downtown, but enough in the city.  

Chicago has been fun.  I have become a fan, although I do still dearly love Portland.  Oh Portland.  We went to this Renegade Craft Fair this weekend (okay, I went twice) and it reminded me of Saturday Market and the Pearl and Hawthorne St.  

Right.  Focus.  Chicago.

We are dependent on public transportation, which has its pros and cons.  I like that I'm not driving, which cuts down on pollution and gas costs, but sometimes it is frustrating waiting for buses and trains.  

We've been getting to know each other...going on scavenger hunts, cooking meals together, and The Office and Friends marathons.  We also have been getting to know others.  We had a potluck at church today, and on Friday we did various work projects around Chicago.  I went to a community center with a few others and helped clean a rec room and then served lunch.  During lunch we got to sit down and talk to of the people that came, which was very cool.  

I know.  Awkward place to stop, but more later.