Monday, September 08, 2008

Chi-CA-go.

I made it!  Me and all of my luggage.  It seems like I have been here forever, and really, not even 48 hours yet.  I got in Saturday...4 other participants and a staffer were here too that night, so we got dinner and watched some TV and just relaxed.  Sunday we went to church (yeah, very different from Plainview or Imago...singing out of the African American hymnal and lots more of the prayer/scripture that you repeat...)  

Long story short...I'm here, alive and in the midst of learning about Chicago's public transport system, getting to know my teammates and other participants and making a covenant for all of us to live by.  Oh it's been so exciting thus far.  

6 comments:

Danae Jones Photography said...

you only arrived with your luggage because you went to Midway, not Ohare. =) glad you're having fun!

John and Melissa said...

I can't believe you were able to get all of your luggage out of the airport by yourself. Mom and I were discussing how in the world you could possibly do that since your luggage probably weighed more than you do!

Valonda L. said...

Sooo exciting! Listening to you describe it brings back so many memories of my mission trip days. I'm so excited for all the new and wonderful things that you are going to experinece!

Anonymous said...

Hey Krig, Have fun!

kristen said...

PS. I think my luggage did weigh more than me, considering that my checked weighed 90 lbs, and then I had a FULL backpack and a FULL purse. I managed quite well, and carried everything upstairs by myself, thank you!

Krista said...

Your blog already rocks!! Looks like you had a great trip - here is hoping that it continues!