
Dearest friends.
The week is over and I'm not sure where it went. 2 weeks down and only 2 more weeks left.
The picture above is me and a few others being
silly on my macbook. I figured that it was
about time to get some people
pictures on here...more to come as well!
The past week has been filled with a plethora of good conversations. I'm not quite sure what else to blog. It's been a good week. We have been getting to know ourselves and our teammates more during the week with telling of our spiritual stories and taking the Meyers-Briggs personality tests and love language tests.
This weekend was nice and relaxing. Yesterday evening we ended up going to Greektown for food and then to Navy Pier. Navy Pier is a little amusement park and had a Peruvian band going on and then there were some fireworks to celebrate the independence of five Latin American countries.
The Chicago skyline at night from Navy Pier.
What can I say? I love skylines at night.
This morning for church a bunch of us went to Trinity United Church of Christ (for some of those, it might ring a bell...). It was much more enthusiastic than my other two churches at home in Oregon (Plainview and Imago Dei) and in some ways it was energizing and draining at the same time. I liked it, although I don't think that I would go there on a regular basis.
Oh and skype. I have it. Find me: kristen.leichty Let's talk sometime.
I also love to tell people what I have been listening to and reading as well. Since I'm not in school or working (a phenomenon that I am not accustomed to) I have had much more time to read! I started Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and have really enjoyed it so far, but then again, I'm only in 50 or so pages. Maybe akin to Donald Miller writing? I have been listening to Phil Wickham a lot lately as well. His newest CD is avaliable for free on his website to download. My favorite is Divine Romance. Enough with shameless plugs.

1 comment:
awesome pics
Post a Comment