Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's the start of a week of "lasts".

I realized today that I leave in 10 days.  
That is crazy.  Hopefully I'll have my visa by then...I had my "biometric" info take last saturday (where they took my pictures and fingerprinted me), and sent it off to the British Consulate in LA on Monday.  Yikes!  True to form on just about everything, I'm cutting it a little close I think.

This weekend will be a little crazier than normal with all of my brothers(-in law) and sister(-in laws) and neice and nephews and their pets all at my house...hopefully I'll manage to get some packing done and other miscellany.  By the way, they sent out a packing guide to all of us last week.  They suggested 5-6 outfits.  5-6 outfits?!  Surely they jest!  Maybe they meant 5-6 outfits for work, 5-6 outfits for church, 5-6 outfits for tourism, etc.  I'm pretty sure that I'm just hopeful.  Oh well.  They said to only bring what you can comfortably handle to cart around.  It's a good thing that I'm little (less fabric make up my clothes, allowing for more space for more items) and strong for my size (I can comfortably carry a lot thanks to carrying trays of food at work).  I don't think that they realized a fashion major would want to do Radical journey and feel the need to have more than 5-6 outfits.  I'm also a very good packer, so no space goes to waste!  

1 comment:

Danae Jones Photography said...

he he he you make me laugh...I'm going to miss you a ton...can I come visit you?
Also, just take material and make clothes when you get there! =)