Friday, November 28, 2008

"This food! It's just gorgeous!"


(The pictures are of the process of Thanksgiving at 19 Walker Ave. Rachel smashing cranberries for our cranberry relish, and our little work top, covered with the preparations of a broccoli dish.)

This was my first thanksgiving away from my dear little family.  (okay, not so little as it seems as if they are multiplying exponentially.) However, Rachel and I managed to bring our little American holiday to England.  (complete with handcrafted pilgrims, Indians and giant turkeys, thanks to Rachel's paper crafting skills).  

We were just so excited about our little oven full of Thanksgiving food! We created about 7 different dishes and sides, all from scratch except our little turkey joint that we picked up from the grocery store. All that was missing was real pumpkin (we ended up using sweet potatoes), the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a nap and some football.


It ended up being Rachel, and Derek and Lesley, a couple from church.  All in all, thanksgiving was a success, as we managed not to set off our very sensitive fire alarm.  And our room looks like a terrible mess, well, because it is.  Rachel and I decided that we were done living in an all white world, so we stripped off wallpaper and are in the midst of stripping off peach coloured paint, so that we can paint the walls red.


So that was thanksgiving.  

In other news.  Hmm, not much else going on, besides the routine of our little lives.  I love Christmas, so I'm getting very excited for that.  Perhaps I'll post more when I'm feeling a little more reflective, but as for now, I'm just excited for the holidays!

4 comments:

Krista said...

happy thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

yay for you kristen!

Unknown said...

yay for you kristen!

Becca said...

Sounds like you girls are having a great time in your apartment, cooking and painting.

Whishing you the best, Becca