Saturday, February 28, 2009

the end of february

Well, I think spring if finally on it's way!  If I couldn't tell from the little buds of the crocus' and daffodils that are peeking out, I would be able to tell by the number of couples that have recently gotten engaged.  

Things are going like "normal" here.  Working at school, helping with the women's group, the flats getting vandalized...  Yes...some little ruffian kids from the neighborhood decided to throw little rocks/pieces of brick at flat 23's kitchen window.  So the window is pretty cracked, but it didn't get all the way through because the window's are double glazed.  So, the Paul's and Barry (wouldn't it be great if one of the Paul's name was actually Peter, and then they could be: Peter, Paul and Barry!), anyways, they are looking into different housing options for us, and they are hoping that things will move fairly quickly...as in, within the next week or so.

R and I also started a group for the high school youth group kids.  There are a lot of good things about the youth group, but on the other hand, I also get frustrated with it.  I really like it that they are able to reach out to young people that normally wouldn't attend church and the they come and feel like it is a safe spot.  However, I just wish that there was more a spiritual
 formation involved...normal youth group nights are spent with the boys playing soccer and then others sitting and kind of chatting.  Mostly I just want to get to know some of the kids in youth group better and hopefully R and I can be some sort of positive influence in their lives.  But...we only have 5 months left also...

And now Lent is here.  The picture is from the Ash Wednesday service at St. Wilfred's.  We were in the choir stalls, and so we all got to see each other.  I just wanted to post it because I like the strong lines in it.

6 comments:

Krista said...

It is indeed a great picture!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there with those youth group nights. All of a sudden, a comment or question could be posed to you and a conversation about faith opens up. Blessings!

Thea said...

I love the picture; it looks like a beautiful church. Keep us posted on the housing situation when you ladies actually find a place to move into!

Lyz said...

Spring welcome!!!

Lyz said...

Spring welcome!!!

Krista said...

You indeed had a busy week, thanks for sharing!